Friday, June 13, 2008

DANCING QUEEN

"Dancing with the feet is one thing,
But dancing with the heart is another."
~anonymous

Our first dance recital! It was a success! The Tiny Tutus were the best of all the performances. (of course!) I didn't realize what all went into these productions. I'm very impressed with "The Studio". Everything was so organized and professional. Dennis and Kiera did the father daughter dance. I have to give kudos to Dennis for his commitment to the routine. 8 weeks of practice! They were so cute on stage dancing to Surfin USA. Most of you all have seen Dennis move, so you know he was GETTIN DOWN with "The Swim" and "The Monkey". He's such a good sport!


Kiera and her friend Lily

Kiera had a great turn out of support in the audience. Josh, Karissa, Malakai and Lelia came from St. Louis for the big production. Aunt Suzy, Aunt Kathy and Uncle Dave were there with flowers for the "STAR". Grandma and Grandpa also attended, and it was a nice surprise when Aunt Kim, Aunt Kristi, Abbey and Shelby showed up.


We planned a last minute BBQ at the house afterwards. The unplanned casual get togethers are the best! I even made home made Ice Cream! We never did light the fire pit....maybe next time Josh...

Thank you to my family that came out to see my little dancer. It meant a lot to me, but I know that these are memories that will stay with her forever. We are lucky to have your love in our lives.

0 comments: